Guest post submitted by Coleanse.com.
Here we bring you 10 Weight Loss Tips that is sure to help you lose some weight.
1- Dietary control and exercise. All you need to do is watch what you eat, and expend more energy than you consume. It’s really that simple. So basically eat less and exercise more.
2- Start reading labels. I know it sucks, but you have to do it – and there’s no way to avoid this tip. If you don’t know what you’re putting in your mouth, you’re flying blind. Don’t assume, either – triple-check the ingredients list and serving sizes. You must rely on yourself for this; nobody else is going to be able to lose the weight or do the math for you. It’s not that complicated a task, but it will require effort. If nothing else, just pay attention to the calorie count.
3- Set realistic goals. You can lose 50 pounds in a week if you work out 12 hours a day and eat nothing but celery – but not if you’re human. Slow and steady wins the race. Don’t bite off more than you can chew – literally. Make small goals on your way to the bigger goal(s). In the end, you’ll have achieved more (and more frequently, might I add).
4- Reduce fat. With regard to fat, the research is clear: Diets too high in fat promote overweight and obesity. You should strive to consume no more than 25 percent of your calories from fat – and that fat should the “non-saturated” type.
5- Watch your weight. Some people say that you shouldn’t weigh yourself more than once a week. I’ve been much happier charting my progress every day. No matter what, you need to weigh in at the same time, every time. For me, that’s 10am every morning (or somewhere thereabout). If you decide to weigh yourself every single day, understand that your weight will fluctuate by one or two pounds – and that you should only keep a serious eye on the lengthier trends.
6. Drink a lot of water. Water not only acts as a solvent for many vitamins and minerals but also is responsible for carrying nutrients into and wastes out of cells, so the body functions properly. As a rule of thumb, you should drink a half-ounce of water for every pound of body weight daily, unless you’re very active, in which case you should increase your water intake to two-thirds of an ounce per pound of body weight daily.
7. Don’t eat right before bed time. In general eat at least 2 hours before bed time. Food consumed close to bed time will not have time to digest and will turn to fat quicker.
8. Get Plenty Of Sleep. Studies have shown that there is a direct link between sleep and weight loss. When we’re tired we either eat “less than healthy” food to help keep us awake, or we’re simply too tired to be bothered preparing something healthy, so we eat junk because it’s easier. So make sure you get plenty of sleep – as close to 8 hours each day as possible.
9. Eat at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables per day. Fruits and vegetables are packed with beneficial fibers, vitamins and antioxidants. They fill up your stomach fast so you feel full earlier. They are also low in calories and helps to keep your calorie count low.
10. Do not Skip Meals. Eating small frequent meals help to balance your calorie intake throughout the day and also keeps your blood sugar level balanced. Instead of eating 3 big meals, try to eat 5 – 6 smaller meals throughout the day.